A beautiful walk through Dufftown and the surrounding fields and woods with great views on the Convals and Jock’s Hill in combination with some shopping and a nice lunch or coffee. Total distance 11 km/7 miles
- Start at the clock tower in Dufftown and walk down the B9009 towards Tomintoul.
- There is a footpath next to the road. After the golf course you have to walk 1.5 mile on the road, please mind the traffic.
- After 2.6 miles turn left on the dirt track at the sign ‘Old Logie Steadings’.Follow the backroad passing a few houses, a bridge to the left and walk along beautiful fields.
- After a few miles you cross another bridge, half a mile further turn right at the sign ‘the giant’s chair’. This part of the walk takes you through the woods and along the river Dullan. If you pay attention you might find the Fairy Village!
- Via the back of Dufftown Distillery, you’ll return to Dufftown where you can explore the Mortlach church. Walk up Church Street back to the clock tower and treat yourself to a nice lunch or coffee in the village.
Alternatively: go on a guided whisky walk with a local guide. Several options available, all walks approximately 3.7 miles and of course whiskies included. Click here for more information and booking.
- The Coffee pot
- The Lunchbox (take away)
- Dufftown Glassworks (coffee, cake & art)
- Sidings Café (in vintage train car, 1 mile down Balvenie Street)
- The Whisky Shop
- Rustic & Roses (giftware and floral studio)
- Balvenie St Ice cream (closed at the moment)
- Whisky Museum (closed at the moment)
- The Seven Stills, historic small pub. Closed on Sunday, pre booking and choosing menu required.
- The Taste of Speyside, informal restaurant, groups welcome. Closed on Sunday/Monday.
- The Commercial Hotel, pub. Pre booking required.